Thursday, March 11, 2004

I'm still on a bit of a high at the moment.. Can you tell that I'm going away soon? ;) I still get the feeling that I'm not gonna be able to go though for some reason. And now that it seems that the bombs in Madrid were the work of Al Qaeda, it does make me worry a little about flying to America. Still, nothing I can do about it really.

Spent all of yesterday in Shrewsbury. Most of the office is sorted out, just need to go through the paperwork for the past 6 months. Did a physical GV check and because of my findings (a discrepancy of minus ?554) my name is apparently in good books with Finance at head office because I'm trying to do something about making sure things are right in Shrewsbury. Hell, I even got praise from Chantal today (she must be ill) Mind you, she's being nice cos I sent her some lurgy sweets as she nearly died whilst on the phone to me on Monday.

On the way home last night, Sam The Bruce was telling me how she didn't know that Rabbi and I were such good mates and were so close until I came over. It made me think about how we ARE good mates and we are much closer now. He's the kind of bloke that would be a great bf in that he's so laid back and understanding. That said, it makes it worse that I don't work with him anymore (especially if Zoe gets the Asst Mgr's job) Rabbi was asking me if I was going to Roy's leaving do tomorrow after work, then he said that he wouldn't get there until 7.30 and he said "Wait for me, yeah?" And I thought to myself "How sweet!"

I guess I'm trying to say that I'm really quite happy with my life at the moment. Sure, people always think that they can do with more money etc. etc. But I'm in a great job, a great store, prospects for moving up and higher in the company are good, I'm fantastically happy being single atm, I'm going on holiday soon, my mother has beaten cancer.. It's at times like these when I see how unhappy Kiu is and it makes me feel guilty about being so happy. Still, Kiu is so different to me in that where I'm fairly laid back - She's highly strung.

Finally, I want to share this all with you..

As I look out my bedroom window, I notice that it's beginning to snow. The gritters were out in the city centre as I walked to the bus stop on my way home tonight. I saw them gritting the roads and thought "Oh good, at least we can't accuse them of NOT gritting the roads." That was until I saw what was no more than 10m's behind the gritter - a roadsweeper sweeping up all the grit that had just been laid (!!). Sometimes I despair at this City..