Sunday, March 20, 2005

Well, the countdown officially begun today (well, yesterday). I'm off work now until just before Good Friday - And I can't truly express in words how happy and calm that makes me. I could be really worried about how my cash office will turn into a World of Shit (tm) But in all honesty, I'm going to Miami - Not gonna worry about that!

I had my PDR today and I now have it in writing that Paul is more than happy with me and my job there - And is keen for me to develop further to further my career. He even tore up the horror that was my last PDR and threw it into the bin "cos that's where THAT belongs". He basically wants me to start doing some stuff outside of the cash office cos I'm so organised that I can utilise my skills elsewhere in the store. He knows that I'm committed to the store and the company and as for promotion, I'm ready but I don't wanna go elsewhere knowing that the Bullring store is the place to stay to prove myself and well, the High St store is gonna go to shit completely and Bullring will be THE main store in B'ham City Centre. Bless Paul, I think I can finally safely say that I'm doing a good job and he's more than happy with me.

On another note, the saga with Shrewsbury's GV's have taken yet another twist. It seems that Steve - in his haste to do everything on his laptop - has managed to muck up one of the formulas cos I was going through the figures with Mandi and they just didn't add up. I've had to get him to send them to me at home and he even put "I've had a look but can't see where there's a problem" and I wanted to scream "IT'S BECAUSE ONE OF YOUR OPENING BALANCES IS HIGHER THEN THE PREVIOUS WEEK'S CLOSING BALANCE!" but alas, resisted the urge to do so :P

Right, that's enough work-related stuff.. Time to relax now and get ready for the hols :D Sandra, the landlady of the condo we're renting emailed me to say that she wants to post the keys to me as J and Deb may not be able to make it given how J's granny isn't very well atm. But anyway, things are gearing towards it now. Have got travel insurance, getting coach ticket tomorrow. Possibly haircut tomorrow. Contact lenses due in next few days. Have decided to take my D&G sunglasses with me - Then see if I can get a good pair duty free. As Vinnie pointed out today - My life must be REALLY hard at the moment if the hardest decision I have to make is whether I buy something now, in duty free, or when I'm in Miami ;)

Been looking for somewhere that will show the Rugby or some footie whilst I'm out there. Have found THE British pub to be (Churchill's in Little Haiti) but apparently they're not showing the France vs England match. However, they're showing my beloved Arsenal in the FA Cup SF against Man Utd which J was up for.. Until I told her kick off was at 7am on a Sunday morning - LOL!

OK, best head back to bed.. Got a holiday to plan for ;)