Yes, I know they're naff and not as cool as some other music awards you can get. But ever since I was a kid, I've always loved watching the Brits. At least now I can claim some sort of professional interest, but I like the idea of the best in the industry getting together and celebrating music. The live performances are always good and it's refreshing to see live performances and no lip-synching. And there's always a mixed bag of people there. I remember last year's ceremony where Scissor Sisters performed "Take Your Mama" with a load of puppets from the Jim Henson Creature Shop. It was just brilliant.
They've just shown Prince's performance - WOW! He's DEFINITELY still got it. And he's with Wendy and Lisa and Sheila E too! Oh God, surely he MUST be touring after this performance.. Yunno, I honestly don't think I'm going to get my new TV this year because all my money will have gone on concert tickets.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with this year's winners. I'm particularly happy that KT Tunstall got Best British Female, she's had brilliant success in the past year and it's good to see her get the recognition she so thoroughly deserves. I'm also thrilled to bits that Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" got Best British Single. Not just because it was the best out of a stupid shortlist (Shane Ward got in there because it was the fastest selling single of last year or something stupid), but also because it was by FAR their best song released last year and one of my favourite songs of last year. (And Chris Martine really needs to cut his hair..) I missed out on the whole Amarillo thing because I was in the US for the whole time it was No. 1 So I still quite like the song, althought I understand it annoys some ppl now.
I'm a tad disappointed that John Legend and Arcade Fire didn't get anything. But hey ho, can't have everything in life.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment