I got an email on Weds night telling me of a 48hr presale for the Foo Fighters at Hyde Park on June 17th. Usually, I'd pass on such an offer because it's outdoors and like when I went to see RHCPs at Hyde Park a couple of years ago, unless you're in the gold circle, it's a bit shit to pay £40 for a ticket only to find that the closest you'll get is 100m from the stage. Also, it rained a bit that day and that's just the worst thing for an outdoor gig. One thing I learnt from the Live 8 experience was that gold circle really ROCKS! I couldn't believe how close to the stage I was! However, supporting the Foos are Motorhead (oooh) and *deep breath* Queens of The Stone Age *faint* WIth such brilliant support acts, it makes seeing the Foos in concert a lot more appealing. However, we're still stuck with the gold circle tickets question. Also, I'm flat broke until Payday which is the end of the month. Add to this, I've discovered a place where I can get a VIP hospitality package + gold circle ticket kind of like for when I went to see REM. However, it's a lot cheaper than REM and well, here are the benefits:
So not only do you get a gold circle ticket, you can get there directly from BACKSTAGE to the gold circle. You can chill out BACKSTAGE and there are private rest rooms (less toxic) which can be important if you're there all day. There's the private bar and BBQ too which means you don't have to queue for an hour to get a pint of tepid lager. And most importantly for me, there are undercover facitilites and SEATS. So if it rains, I have somewhere to shelter and also somewhere to sit down.
I just hope that they don't sell out before I get paid on 28th. I'm gonna get Rabbi a ticket too so that can be his Bday and Crimbo pressie all in one. Please, keeps your fingers crossed for me that I can get tickets on 28th! I'm getting quite excited about it, but I know that I mustn't get carried away just incase they do sell out before I get paid.
Add to this the summer festivals. With there being no Glastonbury this year, it means that nearly all the other festivals have really good line ups . Prodigy and Metallica are playing Download, Pearl Jam are playing Reading and Leeds, Radiohead are headling V.. How do I decide which ones to go to?!!
Finally, Madonna is touring later this year. I'm expecting details to be released in March/April time for her to tour Aug/Sept time. I know that MAdam will be keen to go, but Sandie has also expressed an interest. I am determined to see Madonna in concert again, I'm getting excited just thinking of her performing material from Confessions on a Dancefloor. One thing is for certain this year, I'll be going to a few gigs!

No comments:
Post a Comment