Monday, April 10, 2006

bad mood

I'm in a really foul mood. It may be because I'm back at work tomorrow. It may be something in the stars (is there a new moon?). Perhaps it's because I know that we're going to the cemetery this weekend and we're not too far from the 4th anniversary of Dad's death and that's been playing on my mind. I've been really short and snappy in my replies and conversation to Mum and Q today and I don't like it.

Then tonight, I get a text message from Rabbi asking if it's OK if I come in early tomorrow because we have a visit from a senior manager of the company. Now we have to consider that tomorrow will be my first day back after being sick all last week, but I know that a good part of tomorrow will be spent tidying my office along with the rest of the mess it is in. Nice way to be welcomed back! I know that even though I am actually on holiday next week, no attempt will be made to train someone up to cash up. So again, I will come back and have to catch up 6 days of work.

Again, my thoughts have turned to leaving. I took pro-active steps tonight and posted my CV on a jobs site. But I'm fed up enough to think about handing in my notice straight away so that I only have 4 weeks of this shite to put up with. There, I've called it shite... I really need to leave, don't I? However, I can't afford to leave the job. So I'm stuck with it for a few months at least.

I should be looking forward to going back to work. But instead, I'm filled with dread of how much shite I will have to sort out. Perhaps they will surprise me and I'll find that there's hardly anything to sort out - But I'm being realistic here. *sigh*

No comments: