I've just been flicking through the channels because I couldn't sleep (fell asleep earlier in the evening whilst watching TV, it seems). Whilst on BBC News 24, there was a brief snippet of headlines I caught which has shocked me quite profoundly..
It seems that in some election rally in Korea (at least, I think it was Korea.. Definitely an Asia-Pacific Country anyway), some female candidate was attacked. She was (and this is what I heard on the headlines that shocked me) "approached by a man armed with a box cutter in his hand when she was slapped across the face." This was then followed by video footage of the attack. It was simply the female candidate walking along, surrounding by her people and there's obviously a crowd. Then you see a hand reach over to her face and go across her face from her ear to her mouth across her cheek. She immediately grabs her face and recoils in shock and the perpetrator of the crime is apprehended. The headlines said that she was left with a scar several inches long (can't remember how much exactly) and won't be able to speak for at least 10 weeks.
Now, I don't care what your politics are, I don't care what you stand for, I don't care if you go against everything I believe and stand for.. There isn't a single person on this earth that deserves such violence against them. I am absolutely horrified by this news story, it both shocks and saddens me that someone thought it was OK to do such a thing to another person for whatever reason. I don't know what the reasons behind such a crime were, but I suspect it was because the attacker didn't like what the woman said or what she stood for - And that saddens me.
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment