Wednesday, June 28, 2006

mixed bag

It's an odd sort of affair at work really.. I can't stand it there, but I've been too lazy to get my CV together and take affirmative action, this in turn makes me wonder if I want to leave at all. But the truth of the matter is that I do enjoy working for HMV, and whilst times are tough, I realised a while back that I can't go any further than I want to with the company. So, sad as it may be, it is time to move on. On the other hand, Rabbi has pissed me off so much that I want to exact some sort of revenge professionally on him. Those of you reading this blog that know me, know the lengths I've gone to in the past to exact my revenge on someone.. So *that's* how much I can't stand working with Rabbi professionally atm - It's THAT bad!

Mum freaked me out earlier tonight when she came home early complaining of dizziness. She's a bit spooked anyway because a while back, she awoke from her sleep because she heard "someone" calling her, and the very next day she was dizzy all day and didn't feel too well. Last night, she awoke to "someone" calling her adn sure enough, she's convinced herself that she wasn't well today. What freaked me out is that she wouldn't tell me who it was that she heard, but she muttered something like "It's not that I didn't want you, I wasn't allowed to.." or something along those lines. Does my Mother have secrets that I don't know about? I think the thing that freaked me is that Mum is usually quite accurate when it comes to things like these - Dreams and foreseeing events, that is. But I guess that ever since Dad died, whenever Mum says that she's ill or something, there is a trigger in the back of my mind going "Is this the beginning of the end?" I do sometimes wonder if Mum will go suddenly or if it will be dragged out like Dad's was. I then snap out of it and remind myself that the important thing is making the most of her being here now.

Spoke to Julia tonight and we're both looking forward to the weekend. I'm still not sure if I'm looking forward to the Chili Peppers or not - I suspect that Kiu will have a MUCH better time than I. But I'm looking forward to seeing Julia and Trevor though. I'm hoping we can go fruit picking in Cambs on Sat morning, it's been years since I last went fruit picking and it's something I always miss every summer. Hell, if I could drive, I suspect that on a Sunday off work, I would go to a fruit farm by myself and get a load of fruit :D

Actually, speaking of the forthcoming weekend, I'm a teensy bit stressed about Kiu going over to see Julia and Trevor. I worry that she'll do something that is typically Kiu and whilst I can roll my eyes and ignore it - it may be something that offends Julia and Trevor. Hell, what's going on? I used to be more laid back than this! I never worried about my sisters' behaviour in front of my friends! Dammit, mebbe I'm just getting old..

Oh, and finally, I spotted this gem on DS tonight.. Nothing more than an interview with Teddy Thompson! *grin* I love that guy...

No comments: