Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Two words...

TOO WARM!


I can cope with the heat at work (OK, I work alone in an air conditioned office), I can cope with the heat walking to the bus stop and waiting for the bus (I like to think I look cool with my shades on). I can cope with the heat in the insect-infested buses on the journey to and from work (Why do buses attract all the insects to their windows?!). What I can't cope with it how warm my room is. I can't cope with it being South facing thus all the sunshine is getting in. The fan is on HIGH and it's just blowing hot air back at me. I'm going through ice cubes in my drinks faster than I can make them. In fact, my room isn't too bad during the day - It's during the hot sticky nights that it becomes problematic.. I've been having cold showers and by the time I've dried myself, I'm covered in sweat again!

I honestly don't know how I will cope in Hong Kong if it's like this...

No comments: