Saturday, May 05, 2007

Dreams of the ex...

No, it wasn't a nightmare, nor did I wake up in a cold sweat because I was dreaming of ex's where the end of the relationship was.. messy (put mildly). Instead, I actually dreamt of Karen last night. It was quite an odd feeling because I haven't really dreamt about her for a while now and I guess that as time has gone past, there are days when I don't think about her at all - Only to be immediately followed by days of guilt for not thinking about her, or of grief at how much I miss her. Does this dream of her mean that she's actually slipped into my subconscious now? I thought I was pretty much over her and had done my grieving - But does this dream show that I evidently haven't?

I can't tell you whether she was happy or sad, I can't remember what was said in my dream. All I can remember is the shock at recognising her and the fact that she was on my dream (yes, I was aware that I was dreaming).

Obviously, it's put me in a rather strange mood today - It's not often that you dream of your dead ex-gf. I honestly don't know what to make of it all. The biggest irony of it all is that before she died, the one person I would talk to if I had a weird dream was Karen. I think I need to find someone else who can keep me (somewhat) sane..

No comments: