I don't feel too well. I think I've caught a bit of a chill, or more likely, I've picked up some bug that's currently doing the rounds at work. Typical, I'm away for a few days and the moment I go back - I'm ill! Still, I've been trying to induce a sweat since 8.30pm and it's been semi-successful. I say semi-successful in that whilst I have been sweating buckets (which is never nice, when you're in bed), it's gone and ruined my sleep pattern. So I'm currently rather restless, even though whenever I look at the time, I feel like I ought to be sleepy.
I'm also currently craving rather odd foods.. I'm in the mood for devilled kidneys again, to the point where I'm seriously considering buying some kidneys from the market tomorrow when I finish work. Heh, that and the fact that I've decided to buy a juicer - Devilled kidneys with a glass of carrot and apple juice, what a lovely combo, eh? The other thing I'm craving is comfort food. More regular readers out there (I know you exist, even if I don't post regularly) will know that my food of choice when I'm ill is a rice congee (porridge), so I'm currently craving some congee - perhaps with some salted chicken and pan-roasted peanuts, yum! Whilst on the subject of food cravings, I was looking at scotch eggs you can mail order from the Handmade Scotch Eggs Company (a place I frequent whenever I see them at Farmer's Markets) and it got me craving their "Black Watch" scotch egg which has black pudding mixed with the sausagement and well, I like black pudding so I think it's gorgeous. But I then noticed on their list a "Beanie" which is red kidney beans and butter beans mixed together with some herbs to form the outer bit instead of the sausagemeat and to my horror, it's made me crave a spicy beanburger! This isn't good. I really need to stop looking at food websites when I'm ill and in a state of slight delirium. Oh buggerations, It's 1.30 and I need to be up at 6am for work. *sigh* Best stop thinking about food and go to bed..
