Friday, June 14, 2002

Right, have a bottle of beer open and I thought I would update it here since I've been rather lackadaisical in updating.

In all honesty, I really haven't had much to talk about.. Day after day is filled with trying to come to terms with current stress levels and the preparation of events ready for Monday. Mum is driving me up the wall by changing her mind about things as often as the wind blows and not paying any attention to what I or any of my other sisters may say because she seems to take the view that we since we know nothing about what we're talking about, we couldn't possibly be right about something.

YML and Paul are in the UK now, they are actually on their way up now to Birmingham where we'll all go to the Funeral Home for her to see Dad. I'm dreading that a bit since it will be the first time I've seen him for nearly two weeks, and I dunno how much they've managed to do in embalming him and giving him make-up. The thought of seeing my father beset with Rigor Mortis scares me somewhat.

I spoke to Maria last night which was nice. It was especially nice to hear that she didn't display any signs of anger or resentment in her voice after Mum had spent the previous 20mins slating Mandy off to Maria. She was asking what to expect from Monday and I told her how we are all encouraged to cry and wail as loudly as possible to get all our emotions out. She said that it sounded quite harrowing, which to someone whom has never been to a Chinese funeral, it can be.

I'm actually quite looking forward to Monday in a strange way. I think it's because I know that whatever stress and grief I am suffering at the moment - Monday is my opportunity to get rid of (mebbe not all) but at least most of it. I'm actually dreading the next couple of days more as the family slowly gathers for Monday. The last time we will all be together as a family. I can just see how in the next couple of days, someone will come along and say that something isn't right, then there will be a MAD PANIC to get things. Then a couple of hours later, the same will happen and this will continue until about 7pm on Sunday when people realise that all the shops have closed and they won't be open in time on Monday..

Lastly, I went out to town with Mum yesterday. Whilst walking past M+S, I noticed how they have all the posters and banners out for Father's Day. And it just hit me there. I am laying my father to rest the day after Father's Day. Needless to say I had a weepy moment.