Monday, November 21, 2005

Good food show

I'm getting all excited now.. Not long to go before we go to the BBC Good Food Show
Last year was the first time in seven years that I didn't go and I felt a bit lost at Crimbo. So this year, I'm determined to go back with a vengence and make up for last year's absence. Of course, the fact that I have no money and I have to borrow some off YKL isn't the best start in the world, but I'm getting more overtime at work now (well, the fact I'm being paid for my overtime at all is something more) and I know that things are looking up. I'm gonna be drinking from as many drinks stands as I possibly can. There seem to be a lot more ethnic food stands this year so that looks good. I think I shall be heading for places like the Rick Stein's Food Heroes bit and all the Food Lover's Fayre bit. This is where all the local producers of high quality foods are based. Smoked eel - Here I come!

Another reason I love the good food show is because I can usually pick up something for Crimbo there. Be it for our home meal, or as a crimbo pressie for various relatives. I'm hoping there's a really good chocolate stand there this year for Kiu. Ever since Fortnum's have withdrawn that present I was going to get her - I've been a bit stumped. I know that I want to get her something chocolate related, I just don't know what exactly.

I shall report back with all shenanigans on Weds night/Thurs!

No comments: