I feel rather foolish at the moment. I've had a DVD recorder for quite some time now. I've recorded quite a few things and have done stuff for other people.. But I've always had the same complaint in that ppl haven't been able to play them on their DVD players. I thought that mebbe it was because it was on LP instead of SP. But I've never really found out.
It should also be pointed out that I've lost the manual and the manual doesn't exist at the panasonic site anymore. FYI, it's the Panasonic DMR-E65 that I have.
Anyway, I got a cheap 5.1 surround sound thingy for £35 last week... Then discovered that I don't have enough plugs at the back of the DVD recorder. So I thought I would trawl the forums at DS to see if anyone else had the problem. Whilst there, I discover a post from someone with the same model as me and also has problems in that any disc they've recorded for other people won't play on their machines. Someone then posted that you needed to finalise the disc (and subsequently, instructions were relayed how to finalise the disc). Now, when I press "STOP" on a DVD-R disc, it says that you need to finalise the disc - Then it counts up to 100%. I've always thought that the counter WAS finalising the disc so you can imagine my shock when I read how you finalise discs properly.
Oh, I've tested the finalisation and it does work on other machines now.. How stupid do I feel?!
Sunday, November 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment