Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Take THAT!

I forgot that the Take That documentary was on tonight.. I've been really looking forward to it too. Now, Take That weren't my favourite band ever - But there's no denying that they had some DAMN catchy pop songs. Unfortunately, it also spawned Chunkster Williams, and there's not enough forgiveness in the world - let alone my heart - to forgive that.

Anyway, a lot was made of how Chunkster didn't go to the premiere of the documentary over the past weekend. I don't want to speculate how much of it was hyped up by the media or how much is the genuine animosity between band members. But Chunkster has always played the PR game very well, he's got his new CD to promote.. And let's not forget the new Take That CD that was released on Monday..

Anyway, Jason Orange - HOW camp is he??!! And why has Mark Owen - The littlest member of the band - got the BIG Range Rover?!! Oh, has Howard still got the nipple ring? It's a shame, the 4 of them are sitting together chatting about old times.. And it's almost as if they're waiting for a superstar to arrive :( OOooh! The interviewer has just told them that Chunkster *was* asked, but he declined. They all look a bit gutted. I suppose they were hoping to be able to bury the hatchet. Hmm, what's he gonna say about Gary? Hmm, he's saying on tape how great they all are.. But it definitely seems like he has issues to deal with them all. The others seem to be much happier in their lives and certainly don't have as much baggage as Chunkster does.

*sigh*

Where's the love? And like The Joker said in the original Batman film: "Why can't we all just.. get along?"

I don't know why I'm getting so involved..
This is all from a band that I didn't really like, so why am I getting so invloved? I guess that it's because it was something I saw whilst growing up and I remember it all (kind of ) vividly, it was part of my childhood therefore it's personal to me. Still, at least I didn't cry when they split up..

2 comments:

′Fremescent said...

It was quite telling when the Fat Dancer admitted he would swap everything for Gary Barlow's life, but how much of that was his trademark "I'm so lonely / screwed-up / unloved" tortured artist routine is anyone's guess.
.
Like you I didn't really like The That, but this prog was pretty interesting. Was it me, or did the rest of the guys seem like men and Fat Dancer still seemed like a lad?

YSL said...

No, you're right. The original 4 have definitely moved on in their lives. But Chunkster seems to be the lad with all the issues. That said, I still hope he meets up with them all one day so that he can deal with these issues.