Obviously, I'm not asleep yet.. I should be, given how I have to get up at 7am to get to work for 8am so that I can cash up as quickly as possible to get the train to Preston - But I'm not. For some reason, I am watching "The Crimson Rivers" I've got this film on DVD, it was one of the first DVDs I ever bought. I bought it because I love Vincent Cassel and Jean Reno. And whilst the film is OK, it's not *brilliant* Yet I still find myself here at 2am, watching it.
So yes, I am going to Preston tomorrow to stay with Sandie and her family for a couple of nights whilst we go see Rufus in concert at the Guild Hall on Sunday night. It's with a bit of sadness that I go knowing it'll be the last concert of the "Want" era. It's been a glorious couple of years and it's been fab watching Rufus develop not only as a singer (his voice is less nasal these days) but in his songwriting too. Unfortunately, despite all the adoration and adulations he gets from press and other songwriters too, his music isn't really the sort that appeals to the masses. So whilst I think it's great when more and more people discover Rufus and I love the fact he appears on more mainstream programmes on the radio and television, there's another part of me that wants to keep him as something only a select few know about. Hopefully, I'll get some decent photos this time :)
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment