LOL!!!
It's been an odd day really. I'm slowly winding down to go back to work on Thursday which means that I have even less reason to leave the house the next couple of days. I really wanted to sleep in a bit, but unfortnately, I fell asleep at the computer just before midnight last night. Oh no, that's not true, I actually made it to the spare bed this time.. Still, it meant that I got up at 9am which is a lot earlier than I wanted given how I didn't have any reason to get up early.
The situation at Wasps and how they get new players has finally annoyed me now. For the past few months, people at the DW board have been slagging off the Director because of his "hardball" tactics in offering players new contracts. Well, we've lost one of the best centres in the Country, Stuart Abbott, to Hairyqueens next season because of it. We've been rumoured to be trying to sign Phil Vickery and Justin Marshall recently too. Vickery hasn't played since November and has just had his third operation on his back - And there's no guarantee that he will be able to play either. Plus the fact that we have enough forwards - quality ones too. With Matt Dawson retiring at the end of the season, we don't have a world class scrum half with loads of experience too. We have Eoin Reddan who is brilliant - But he lack the experience of Dawson and needs someone to show him the ropes. Thus, the signing of Justin Marshall would have been ideal. So when I read that Marshall is about to sign for another team because we only offered him a third of his current 150k pay packet.. Then for the Director to say that "We did our best, but he wouldn't have it." You seriously telling me that your best is to ask the guy to take a 65% pay cut?! No WONDER he's signing for someone else! How the hell are we supposed to get world class players with an idiot like our Director in charge? And why the hell does he insist of telling all this to the rag the Daily Mail instead of to us fans?! Oh I am angry..
I have no fingernails left, btw.. They were all chewed away watching the Arsenal match. Right down to the last 3mins, I was thinking to myself "take it easy.. don't concede a penalty.." and what do you know? Dirty Spanish player goes down like a sack of spuds after the slightest of touches and the ref buys it. I was thinking to myself "If there's any justice, he won't score from this".. As Riquelme lined up to take the penalty, I was whispering to myself "come on Jens, you can do it.." I swear I lept about 5ft into the air when the penalty was saved by Lehman. Let's hope they can go all the way and win the trophy :)
Speaking of winning (and from this blog title).. Teddy Thompson was on the Mark Radcliffe show tonight and as I was listening, they said they had a few signed CDs to give away and for a laugh, I entered. Teddy performed a few songs acoustically (including "Bon Jovi Said" which I hadn't heard performed live before but was just beautiful) and he was on form chatting to Mark Radcliffe. I think you can imagine my reaction when I heard this:
"So.. the winners of the signed CDs are: someone from Nottingham, some bloke from Newcastle, Yen San Li from Birmingham.."
I WON!!!!! Oh, props to Mark Radcliffe for pronouncing my name correctly on national radio too.
LOL, I'm in such a good mood now.. I even found me "Everybody Move It" CD Singles to take with me on Saturday to get Teddy to sign :D
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment