Yes I know, I still haven't blogged about the Kanye West gig, but I will do so very soon. I just need to rant a bit and get this off my chest (so to speak).
So then, I get an email from someone whom I haven't heard from in ages. In this email, they tell me very briefly that they've been busy, and what they're getting up to. They then tell me that they're currently in a relationship with someone and how it got going. They (fortunately) don't go into great detail, but I was still slightly struck by it all. I have never met this person and there was a point where we would email each other on a semi-regular basis, we attempted to meet up on various occasions but the first time, I chickened out, and after that we just never really found a time when we were both free. I got a feeling towards the end that they kept putting off meeting up, but hey ho, that's life.
So why are they telling me that they're seeing someone? And more to the point, why do I care? Why am I bothered at all that someone I've never met and don't really know is seeing someone?! It's pure and utter madness (sadness) on my part. Perhaps deep in my well, heart because it's certainly not my head thinking logically, I secretly wanted to be in a relationship with her? Or, is my age finally creeping up on me and I'm beginning to think more about trying to settle down with someone, or wonder if I will ever settle down with anyone. I suspect it's a combination of both. I *do* feel a bit lonely sometimes and when I see people in relationships, I do get a bit down when I sit down and think about it. How about that? I get relationship-envy. When I'm feeling particularly down and I hear Mum nagging, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have children - Then I quickly snap out of it and remind myself to focus on reality.
Still, where would we all be without our dreams, hopes and aspirations? Perhaps I'll be able to text someone out of the blue one day to say that I'm in a relationship with someone.
