Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Wow! Has it been over a month already? So much has happened...

Well, I guess the most important thing is that I've finally decided to take the plunge and have decided to hand in my notice at work next week. Why next week? Well, the Rabbi is off all this week and well, I guess there's still a little part, in the deepest crevices of my heart that hopes that things will turn around and get better. There's also the fact that I'm hoping to be able to wing in some Sundays between now and when I leave so that if I don't find anything soonish, I'll still get a bit of money heading my way. However, that's of course all dependent on getting overtime.. So what I think I'll do is have a chat with him (Rabbi) when he gets back to see if I can get some Sundays (working on the premise that it's getting too busy for me to have to cash up 2 days on a Monday). If he doesn't agree, I hand in my notice. If he does agree, I give him 5 weeks notice instead of 4 ;) I feel much freer now that I've made this decision - Of course I'm quite scared of not being able to find anything. But if it all goes badly and I can't find anything, there's always a chef-ing job that I'll be able to walk into - especially in the lead up to Crimbo.

Another thing I'm feeling the effects of and am working on is positive thinking - I'm having a more positive outlook on life (mainly because I feel like a huge burden on me has been released now that I've made the decision to leave). And well, I'm finally beginning to listen to what virtually everyone I've spoken to has been telling me in that I'm worth a lot more than what my current job offers and I have a heck of a lot more to give that what I currently can - I'm better than what my current job offers me.

However, there's still a faint glimmer of hope in being able to stay with the company.. I spoke to Ian Mc this morning and he's convinced that there's another round of Depts relocating to Solihull before Crimbo - And they're Depts that I could work in. He's going to find out more info for me but I wonder how much of this is just me wanting to stay with HMV partly out of loyalty, but also (let's face it) because of the staff discount! There's no doubting that I will miss the staff discount, but in terms of CDs, DVDs and games - It's cheaper to buy online. What I will miss is the discount on the consoles, but I guess that I know more than enough people who still work at HMV who will buy a console for me using their staff discount.

I had a great weekend last week because not only did I get to see Manu Chao in concert, who was completely fab, but I also had a really pleasant weekend with Q. We went to Bincho Yakitori for lunch and that was delicious (I'll post more about that in another post, yes it deserves it's own post!).

And finally tonight, I had a really nice dinner. I'd been looking forward to this dinner ever since I decided last night what to cook (yes, in true Nigella style, I plan my next meal whilst eating). I've been eating healthily all this week - Lots of steamed vegetables and fresh fish, making my own packed lunches of some onion bhajis chopped up and in a wholemeal bap with some mint and cucumber yoghurt and salad leaves and instead of eating say a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar if I get a bit peckish, I've been eating fruit instead. Tonight, I made some soup with a chinese fishcake and added some chinese greens (choi sum, in this case) and some fresh tofu. Honestly, I felt healthier from just eating it! The only thing is that I was so busy eating it that I forgot to take a picture of it!

Oh well, can't have everything I guess..

No comments: