Yunno, if I did ever have children.. I would seriously consider Emmylou as a name for my (phantom) daughter.
Helloes, I'm a bit ill atm. Not sure how it happened but I think it's a combination of stuff - Caught a bit of a chill yesterday whilst wearing an open neck shirt to work (foolishly forgot to pack a scarf or at least something to keep warm), and I think I ate something a bit dodgy.. For dinner last night, I rustled up a stir fry with some rice and whilst I enjoyed the stir fry, I have to admit that my favourite part of the meal was the plain boiled rice. It was so plain and bland that I loved it! That's usually a sign that I'm feeling unwell when I crave plain simple flavours - Hence the need for congee today.
So whilst I'm feeling a bit delicate there.. My night has been brightened up by BBC Four having an Emmylou Harris Night with various programmes dedicated to her. I'm *pretty sure* I've mentioned it before, but I *love* Emmylou Harris. Granted, I only started getting into her work at the beginning of this year, but I guess that's been my biggest musical journey this year - Discovering all the various works and brilliance of her. Thinking about it now, I guess I've always quite liked her, but I didn't really know where to start - But am I glad that I've bitten the bullet now! I just hope that I get to see her on the cruise in Feb :)
Right, gonna go lie down whilst being soothed by listening to Emmylou Harris singing :)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment