Sunday, April 20, 2008

Helloes!

I'm 33 now :)

Heh. Yes, it's my Bday today.. I've had a few traumatic weeks that involved computer problems, but I think I'm finally over them and will update you all about it all later. But for now, I just want to quickly mention what a BRILLIANT weekend I've just had :)

It started on Friday morning at work when I turned up for 7.30 armed with a load of Krispy Kreme donuts I had bought for everyone after going to the Bullring after work the night before. After covering the desks with balloons, banners and confetti-ish stuff for RT and EH for their Birthdays, I did wonder if I was going to get the same for my Bday (I should also mention how RT and I are like best friends at work now). I'm already in a great mood knowing that today was my last day at work until the end of the month, and well, I was going to have a top night out on Sat night at Purnell's. If I were paranoid, I would think that they were up to something because I thought that I caught RF glancing at me as I was getting ready to go home the night before, but I think that was just me kind of hoping to catch RF's eye. But I turned up on Friday morning to see my desk covered in balloons, glitter and a banner saying "Happy Birtday" which was lovely. I was slightly disturbed at how the banner was of dinosaurs and I let them all know that :p

Then it was a normal day at work - nothing special. I was going to the pub after work and RT couldn't make it as she was going to London for a gig, but SG had already given her a huge amount of grief about it which amused me terribly. In the afternoon, I'm counting down the hours until the shift finished and when I glance over to the other desk, I see that both EH and RT are out of their seats and they're both doing something over RT's side of the desk which is shaded from my view, I thought I catch them constantly glancing over my side, but again, I think it's a little odd, but nothing too much about it. It's only when RF leaves her desk and joins them that I think to myself "Hold on, there's DEFINITELY something going on here!". Again, they keep looking over to check that I'm not looking, and I'm now thinking that they're probably doing something for me - But it would be wrong and presumptuous of me to think that they're doing something for me, so I just carry on with my work, logging calls and singing along to the radio, counting down the hours before pub time. Then I spot the three of them heading to my desk and I'm looking at them with a quizzical look and the first thing I get is RF putting a present on my desk - It's obviously a bottle of something in a box, probably Champers since they know how much I like the stuff. Then RT puts another present on my desk - It's a book, then EH comes over with this chocolate cake slab from M+S. RT has this one single candle that's supposed to play a tune, but it's not working (!!) and they won't light it incase the smoke alarms go off. So I light the candle, but we can't get it to play the tune. It's just great, I'm really quite moved at how they've taken the time and effort for all this. I take what is obviously a book and I'm racking my brains as to what book it could be. Then it occurs to me that back in December, I asked RT to search for a book that I wanted to get YKL for Crimbo "Music, Food and Love" by Guo Yue (and Clare Farrow). I couldn't get a copy because they had stopped printing it in HB, and it wasn't released yet on PB. I managed to find it on Amazon, but I hadn't got round to ordering it just yet - Could it be that they've manged to get a copy for me? I look at RT and the conversation went like this:

Me: Is it?
RT: I dunno, is it?
Me (unwrapping the present): is it?!
RT (nervously): I dunno, it is?

I unwrap the present and sure enough, it is a copy of "Music, Food & Love"
Me: OH MY GOSH! It really is!!! How did you remember that I want it?!
RT: Have you already got it?
Me: No! But I asked you about this months ago!
RT: Well, this is the LAST HB COPY in the company.. I managed to track it down and got it transferred to the local store.

I removed the receipt that's in the book without looking at how uch they've spent on it but RT explains that the recipt was kept in there because the cover on the spine is slightly damaged and incase I already had it,I could always return it. Hell, not did I really want this book anyway, but the sheer effort they've gone through to get the book for me warrants keeping it. I'm quite moved by it all and am trying not to burst into tears - I'm seriously impressed at how RT remembered something from about 5 months ago.

After that, it was off to the pub where a few ppl from work joined me. I had a good chat with SG and it was interesting to hear her talk about other ppl in the office. We all resolved to try and go out next week for the women in the office, only. SG even told me how to get RF to go out with us.. I'm DETERMINED to get her to come out with us and leave her car at home so she can be drinking with us ;)

After that, it was time to head home and get ready for Saturday. All I had planned was a sight test and then, it was getting ready for Purnell's. But I'll post about that separately - It warrants it's own post :)

But for now.. 33 - WOOHOO!

1 comment:

′Fremescent said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday!