Monday, May 12, 2008

OH MY GOODNESS

So I'm already on a bit of a high - I've got tickets to see Madonna live. We've had our desk move around at work, so I've now with BT. My PDR went really well - They're really happy with me and I'm more than happy there, things are generally looking quite good today.

I've got my new iPod because the last one finally died (well, it's still alive.. but the battery only lasts about an hour and doesn't always sync properly). I put on some of the videos from Cayamo earlier this year (mainly of Emmylou) and whilst watching them, a few tears began to stream down my face remembering how wonderful the whole trip was - I was so, *so* lucky to be able to see Emmylou live 3 times in the space of 3 days and they were some of the best nights of my life. Watching the videos only served to remind me of how brilliant and gracious a performer she is. So you can imagine how I squealed when I saw that she was on Later.. Live with Jools Holland last Tuesday, and then the longer show on Friday. She played some tracks from her new album and they sounded quite good.

I get home tonight and as usual, I trawl around on the Net for a bit and I stumble across one of the Emmylou websites. On there, I take a peek at the confirmed tour dates she's playing this year and I spot that she's playing in Dublin... Glasgow.. MANCHESTER?.. LONDON??!! in September?!! OH. MY. GOD. She's playing the Hammersmith Apollo and tickets are still available! Oh shit, it's around the same time that I am seeing Madonna. I immediately worry that I may have to call on YKL for a double favour instead of just one to look after Mum. I phone The Mac to ask if he's going and he didn't realise tickets were available too. He says that he will check with some other ticket agency near his office tomorrow - I may be going to see Emmylou! Failing that, I asked him to exploit some work relations and try to get them that way. About 30mins later, I get a text saying that he's got 2 tickets in the circle - But at the front. He's still going to exploit work contacts, but if that fails - We've got 2 tickets :D I'm going to see Emmylou!

I'm so happy right now, I really could cry. I was a bit disappointed that she hasn't been confirmed for Cayamo 2009 yet - Especially when all the headliners (Lyle Lovett, John Hiatt, Shawn Colvin, Patty Griffin, Buddy Miller) has all been confirmed for next year. Still, I live in hope that she will join us :)

1 comment:

Stephen said...

How's it going? You're very quiet lately...

Anyways, you've been tagged in this 5 things mem - see http://grumblemag.blogspot.com/2008/06/memememememe.html

Now it's your go!