Hi! How you doing? It's been a while again, hasn't it? I need to give a nice "shout out" to BR over at grumblemag for being all gorgeous and lovely to include me on some mememe list. |The rules are that once you get tagged, you answer some (5?) questions about yourself and you then tag another 5 (or 6) people and leave them comments letting them know that they've been tagged - And so it goes on. However, I erm, don't actually *know* 5 people with blogs to tag them.. I barely manage to keep my own blog up to date - I could never manage to keep up with everyone elses! However, I will (promise) to attempt the mememe thingywotsitdoodah and tag what few people I know..
The above got me wondering how/why the heck am I so busy? It's not like I'm out *all* the time - Or even the majority of the time. But I've rediscovered my love of baking, and even more so of my love for food (as you may have seen over on my flickr). I'm lucky enough to be able to eat in some really fantastic places and whilst others may sneer/snigger at me taking pictures of food that I'm about to eat, well, I'm enjoying myself.
I don't actually like being in photos personally (yes, self image issues, but am working on that..), but ever since I was a kid, I've always been acutely aware of the need to take as many pictures as possible to capture the moment. I can remember in the early days when I first started owning a camera how I would come back from trips wishing that I had taken (more) photos. So now, I always carry a camera around with me so that I'm ready to capture that moment. I think I mentioned before how my flickr has had a few photos used on verious websites and publications, but I hit the big time when The Guardian food blog asked to use one of my pictures. I nearly fell off my chair squealing with delight at the request (you can see it here). So you can imagine how all the dogs in my local neighbourhood went a bit mad for a while when I started squealing with excitement at being asked by style.com, the online home of Vogue magazine asked if they could use one of my photos from Miami - Condé Nast baby! I know they're only using it from my Flickr as it means they don't have to pay out a fortune for it, but still, I get accredited with the picture and my name gets published! Honestly, I've never been so proud (well, of my photography, anyway).
I've also decided that this blogof mines needs a bit of a makeover - I've had a wee look at some others and I was thinking how I would like to be a bit more productivity from this blog - Look out for changes over the coming months (note I don't say weeks). For now though, I need to get ready for another early start..
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment