So, things are going OK. Friendship with Elsie is going well - Very *nearly* got her to go out with me last night, but she had to drop out at the last moment. In my old age and paranoia, I did momentarily fleet with the idea that she made an excuse not to go, but if I think sensibly about it, you would see that she didn't and I'm just being silly.
Social calendar is beginning to revive itself again slightly. I've discovered that there's a pub in the City Centre where they have an upstairs Gin Parlour. Being a gin lover that I am, I was naturally keen to check it out. It's actually a room upstairs in the bar which has been done up to look like an old Victorian drinking parlour with a small bar in the corner and oak panelled walls, it also has (reputedley) the largest and most comprehensive collection of gins in the West Midlands. It's only open to the public on Friday nights from 5pm - with a selection of gin-based cocktails on offer 5-8pm. LH, RH and myself first went last week as I (obviously) wanted to try it and we could have some drinks before dinner at Syriana later. It was intially going to be only 1 or 2 drinks as both LH and RH were saying that they don't like gin. We got there and it was fairly empty - Only 1 other bloke in there. We all choose a cocktail and they get brought over to us. I went for a bramble and even though he substituted one of the ingredients, upon hearing how I like sour tastes, the bartender adjusted it slightly so that it was more sour than usual and it was DELICIOUS, the revelation however, wasn't with my drink - It was the fact that both LH AND RH tasted their drinks - And liked them. Nobody was more surprised than they were - They actually like gin! As the drinks kept coming in and we all got more and more drunk, Leah started to name the bartender as the Gin Master, it took us a few more drinks before we found out his name is Steve. He is now known as Steve, the Gin Master to us. There is also the fact that we were only going for 1 or 2 drinks - And ended up spending the best part of 4 hours in there..
It was so good that we all decided to go to the gin parlour every friday night - Last night is another blog waiting to happen..
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment