OK, last night was hard as expected. Didn't sleep very much. Ended up taking a HUGE slug of single malt and that helped me settle down a little. Kept dreaming of him, as expected. I'm much more emotional this morning. Marion our neighbour stopped by to hand over a card and pass on her condolences. We just stood in the doorway crying. Then, we got a phonecall from Jean in HK and at first, I wasn't too sure if she knew about Dad or not (she had been phoning periodically to see how he was) But I could hear her voice quivering and I knew straight away that she knew. Her voice started going and that set me off. We were both trying to have a conversation but we couldn't manage any words because we were both crying so much. Wendy phoned to say that she would be back up later because Ray wanted to see Dad. So they were trying to time their visit with Sandie's so they could all go to the Chapel of Rest. Wendy mentioned that they were going to see Ming first because they had pre-arranged it weeks ago. But Ming was quite upset about it all and Wendy was worried about her. So they were going to stop by and see how she is too. Sandie told me that Lauren had taken it badly too. It then occurred to me that I have never thought about how Dad's death would affect the next generation. So it surprises me to see that Ming and Lauren and that are taking his death badly. Best go get ready now, we have a lot of things to do today.. Mainly crying.. | |
| link | pos |
