OK, so I'm not feeling very literate at the moment. Well, that's not strictly true.. I just don't like selling myself too much without any practical or valid experience. I'm in the middle of trying to complete my application form for HR Advisor at Head Office, and whilst I'm finding it very easy to know what points I should be making.. I'm finding it somewhat difficult to put it into sentences that are concise and sharp enough to be eye-grabbing. I looked at my application form for the Auditor's job last year and even if I say so myself.. FUCK ME! That was a BRILLIANT application!
So I'm trying to apply the same rules to this job role and outline, I'm trying to list all my competencies for the job, I'm trying to show why I'm making this career move. I'm want to tell them that I've got a degree in HRM (and business admin), I want to let them know that they were the happiest days of my life learning about employment law, behavioural patterns etc.. I want them to know that my single biggest regret - well not really a regret.. More the saddest thing about my professional life since graduating from University is the fact that I don't practice HRM. I want them to know that my dissertation was about "The concept of racial harassment within the workplace." Thing is, I know that I'll be fine if I get to the interview stage. I have the fullest confidence in my interview skills.. It's just getting a sharp enough application in to warrant an interview.. *sigh*
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment