Sunday, October 30, 2005

Plonker!

Heh, I've not been back home long after being out all day and night with Julia, Trevor, Bob and Taz. I've had a brilliant night and I'll tell all about it later (well, prolly tomorrow since I'm about to go to bed!).

So I'm faffing about on the pooter trying to make sure that all traces of the worm are gone and got Spybot to compliment Ad-Aware and Norton as suggested by Lukery. Lukery said that I should get Spybot too as it will find things that the other 2 will have missed - And she weren't wrong. 23 of the buggers! All of a sudden, the home telephone rings. Now, I know that clocks have gone back and it's now officially 1am instead of 2am. But NOBODY calls this late at night knowing that Mum is in bed - unless there's an emergency. So I'm a bit worried when I pick up the phone (partly because I don't know what it is, partly because I'm worried that Mum's woken up). The person is speaking in cantonese (and is female). It's obviously long distance as we keep getting caught between the time it takes for each reply to go over. I have no idea who it is so I'm just answering questions with one word "yes" "no" "fine" I thought I heard her call me Hannah, but I wasn't too sure. There's an awkward silence. She's asked me all sorts like if I'm back at work yet, but I have no idea who she is - And I don't even recognise her voice. So I bite the bullet and say: "I'm sorry, but who are you?" "Who am I? It's cousin Jean of course!". (For those who don't know, Hannah was raised by some relatives of ours in Hong Kong, thus she grew up with Jean). I then have to break the news to her "Oh hiya cousin Jean, it's San here, not Hannah. You've phoned the UK instead of Seattle (!) That's why I'm not at work, it's 2am here..." Needless to say she was surprised and VERY embarassed at her mistake. She was wondering why my replies were so non-emotional - LOLOLOL!! Bless her, we ended up having a bit of a chat although she was mainly apologetic because she was worried that she woke me up. I had to re-assure her that I wasn't asleep so it was cool. We eventually sign off and I say to her "Catch up with you another time - At 2am!" :p

I'm going to bed with a smile on my face :)

No comments: