I'm quite old fashioned, really. Sometimes I'm so old fashioned, it annoys me. For instance, I believe that the BBC is better than ITV because it's more traditional and well, EVERYONE in the world has heard of the BBC, you can't say the same of ITV, can you? I remember reading in the papers about how the BBC and ITV had their "heavyweights" out for the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales. David Dimbleby was leading the BBC's coverage whilst Jonathan Dimbleby (yes, his brother) was leading ITV's coverage. I remember reading how ITV were desperate to try and depose the BBC's position as THE broadcaster for all things Royal and not to be seen as 2nd choice.
But anyway, my loyalty is that I don't like watching ITV unless forced to. I even don't mind paying for a TV licence because I know it funds the BBC. It's kind of like how I don't drink in places like the Pitcher and Piano because of my loyalty to All Bar One. And as for shopping, I only shop at HMV for my CDs, DVDs and games..
Now, here's the problem.. I *love* Trinny and Susannah. I love how they can make women feel much better about themselves simply by changing the way they dress. I love their no-nonsense attitude and What Not To Wear is one of my fave progs. (Of course, it helps that I think Trinny is gorgeous). It was announced today that they've defected to ITV after 5 years at the BBC. I would feel that's a complete stab in the back. So will I watch them on ITV? No, I probably won't...
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You know how I loathe those two trolls, however, I don't think you should give up your dirty thrills just because they have switched channels.
I can't do it.. I'll feel even *more* dirty :S
You just love it.
Well, yes. But not on ITV..
Post a Comment