Tuesday, November 08, 2005

That'll learn me

The new porch was supposed to be put in today. Bloke arrives just after 8am and starts.. I notice he's on his own and I'm thinking "Is he gonna get all this done in 1 day?." Still, Work have been completely useless and couldn't get anyone to cover me. So, I've had to go into work just so that they have tills ready for tomorrow. I quite liked being able to say to ppl "I'm not actually here today, so don't bug me about anything.. And I'm certainly not taking any phonecalls!" That was nice :)

I rush through everything and hurry home as Mum needs to go out since she's arranged to do lunch with some of her friends (yah). I stop off at the chippy to get a spot of lunch and get home at 12.50 where I discover the blokey is about to leave because the light is fading (yes, at lunch time). So, we've only got the frame of the porch in and the front door is VERY exposed. I feel quite scared because I'm so used to being behind double doors that the notion that the ONE door leads to outside is rather unsettling..

The blokey comments on how calm and great Mum has been (making him tea, buying him pie and chips for lunch, etc.). He then commented on how it's gonna be World War 3 when he gets home tonight. Jokinging, I say: "Oh? Should I not ask why?" I'm thinking that he'll just brush it off and say "No, you shouldn't really ask." But this was not to be, he proceeds telling me the story and I think "Oh OK, you can tell me if you want." This shouldn't last long...


.... 15 mins later.. He's talking about stuff that happened in 2003...

30mins later.. We're still in 2004

My lunch is getting cold. I keep shifting position because I've been standing for so long.

After 55 mins, he FINALLY stops talking. It's a terrible story and he's been through a rough time.. But really, I didn't want to know his life story!

And now, it's suddenly started pissing it down with rain - So the inside of my porch is getting wet *sigh*

No comments: