I was just wishing Mum a "Happy New Year" and we have a saying in chinese that roughly translates as "May one (forthcoming) year be better than another (previous year)" and it got me thinking..
This time a year ago, I was in Lancs seeing the new year in with YKL, Mum, Kiu, Sandie, Jamie and their family. I remember looking out their living room window and seeing the Blackpool coastline all lit up with fireworks. I then remember going to the utility room and looking out the window there towards Preston and seeing more fireworks celebrating the New Year. It was then that a commentator said something on the lines of "On this happy night of celebration, we also pause to remember those affected by the Tsunami." It was at that point that I went to the Utility room and shed a silent tear thinking of Karen and wishing how she was there to see such a lovely sight of fireworks all around us.
One year on, I'm back home in Birmingham and haven't gone out with any friends or family. I've chosen to see in the New Year in private just in case I started to get all emotional. Although there is a twinge of sadness about, I am generally more hopeful and positive. You see? One year really can be better than the previous.
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment