No, I'm not all grumpy again. More the "I don't BELIEVE it!" vein today. I can't believe that my holiday is nearly over. I don't want to go back to work!
I've been shopping all over today. I decided against going to town because I thought to myself that cooking is about improvisation.. So I'll just see what's good today, then make something of it. So it looks like I'll be having Thai beef red curry with mangetout, baby corn and aubergine with coconut jasmine rice. I feel quite accomplished because the only shops I've been to are Aldi (for the rice cookers), Lidl (for some veg and juice) and Netto (needed to get some meat!). If you exclude the rice cookers (OK, I bought 3 of them), I spent £15 on some steak, a few jars of antipasti, some veg (mangetout, babycorn, asparagus, aubergines and kos lettuce), some bratwurst and some chocolate treats. I love bargain shopping - You get a real sense of accomplishment :)
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment