Today's been quite an odd day. I didn't get to sleep until about 4am so I was asleep until about 1pm. I resolved to actually do some stuff today because I'm usually well enough to do so by now. So I have a shower, actually get dressed instead of staying in my PJs all day and I try to cook myself some breakfast. I struggle through half of it and my body screams at me for now more. I feel all queasy and bloated and am sweaty and clammy. It's very clear that I'm still not completely well. However, my appetite is completely with me. Even though my body has screamed "NO MORE FOOD!" I'm still hungry. I actually managed to keep down a mug of tea today which I was happy about - The world is a better place when I can still drink tea :p
It's like now. My body is hungry and I'm pretty sure that this hunger will keep me awake, but I can't actually physically eat anything. I've had some soup earlier which I kept down and earlier today, I actually kept some toast down which I was impressed with. I think I'll try to have some porridge tomorrow, I miss having porridge in the mornings :(
I got a craving for grapes (as we've got none left in the house and the delivery from Sainsburys isn't until tomorrow night) and mangoes earlier tonight. Then Mum came home and announced that she had bought some grapes seeing how much I like them. But get this: She actually bought a box of mangoes - Only they were too heavy for her to carry and without her trolley, she couldn't bring them home. So she's left them at the shop to collect tomorrow! Bless her. Sometimes, it's so obvious that we're related that it scares me..
I keep thinking of a nice steak frites.. with shallot butter like you get in France. But I know that I wouldn't be able to stomach that right now. More than anything, I want to be able to enjoy my food properly again. Given how I am at the moment, I won't be able to go on Sunday - The exertion will prolly kill me. I'll have to make a decision tomorrow :(
Oh no, there's having a full english fry up with black pudding and HP Sauce.. *sigh* I only wish I could right now... How about some roast chicken? Dammit! stop thinking about food! I know what I need.. a bacon sarnie. I'll have to get some bacon tomorrow. I'll also need to phone Rabbi to let him know that I won't be back until next week. Given how I was today, I think that if I went back to work on Saturday, I would be back a couple of days too soon. The extra rest will help :) Now, I must stop thinking about food....
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment