Wednesday, April 05, 2006

More sicky ramblings..

Another thing about being poorly is that your body just wants to rest, so for the past couple of days, I've pretty much slept most of the time. However, it now means that I can't sleep at night like tonight. I'm tired and I still want to sleep, but once I get into bed, I'm restless. It's like my mind is still buzzing and I feel like I should be doing something instead of just lying there. However, I do get some moments of inspiration at these times. For instance, when I was writing about Madonna, I suddenly thought to check to see if there were any concerts scheduled for the time she's touring at the NEC or NIA. I must admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw that it was free.

I think I mentioned in one of my earlier posts how I keep craving fresh fruit despite me being sicky. I was getting a bit worried of how I was going to cope once the current batch of fruit runs out since I'm currently house-bound. I'm really picky about my fruit, much as I love the market, there's no denying that the fruit they sell isn't as good as the supermarkets. Then I had a bright idea - Order it online! So I've just been to Sainsbury's To You and ordered a load of fruit to be delivered on Thursday night. OK, I had to order stuff too so that I met the minimum order.. OK, I bought sweets and biscuits but yunno, needs, musts, wants... Now that I've ordered that online I'm thinking to myself: "Should I have gone to Tesco.com? Would they have been able to deliver sooner?" Dammit! Right, have just been there and although they can deliver a few hours earlier, the website is so badly designed that it won't let me browse the fresh fruit section. Fine!

I've just watched "V for Vendetta". I enjoyed it. Natalie Portman is a beautiful young woman and strangely enough, I thought she looked much better with her head shaved. Hugo Weaving is one of my favourite actors anyway and well, there was also a certain Rupert Graves for eye candy :D The film itself was highly enjoyable. It certainly makes you think about certain things and makes you wonder if we are headed for a totalitarian state. Most of all, it serves to remind you that you should stand up for the things you believe in. And that things like diversity in love, religion or life are not to be suppressed or frowned upon. *sigh* Sometimes, if only life were really like the movies..

No comments: