Firstly, I got to eat some porridge :D The day is always better when I get to eat porridge. I can't say exactly when or why I suddenly liked porridge so much... But I like the fact that a bowl of it fills me up for a long time, therefore stopping me from wanting sugary snacks. That's not to say that I don't like my weetabix or dirty fried sandwiches anymore (although, the mere thought of eating anything greasy at the moment makes me wanna retch), but whenever I have the aforementioned weetabix or dirty fried sarnie - I'm usually famished by lunch time. After a bowl of porridge, I'm quite happy to get by on some fruit at lunch time instead and don't feel like I need to have something more substantial. It's actually gotten to the point where my favourite part of the morning is when I make and eat my porridge..
Secondly, I spoke to Rabbi and he's quite happy for me to be off until next week. He's a bit worried how I'm still not eating properly though and would rather I saw the Dr again in case I need to be signed off work for longer. He would rather I was off work until I was FULLY fit - even if it takes 3 - 4 weeks. My problem is that after this week, I need to be signed off by the Dr and we all know how much I love (!) my Dr. Imagine me asking her to write me a note saying that I'm ill because I've got a bit of food poisoining?! *sigh* I'll make an appointment to see her on Monday, I think.
On a happier note, I *finally* got to upgrade my phone today :D After months and months of waiting for Orange to release the new Sony Ericsson Walkman phone, they *finally* released it today. This was after I got a really pissy operator yesterday saying that they didn't have any details about when it was going to be released. This is also after I registered my email asking to be told when it was released - Nothing. I only noticed because in my boredom, I went to the Orange website and noticed that the phone was no longer in the "coming soon phones" section. I give Orange Upgrades a call and the nice operator tells me that it was released this morning :D. She takes my details and tells me that I'm allowed a free upgrade (get in!) and that the phone should be with me tomorrow (back of the net!). I'm quite happy now :D
I've still go to decide whether I'm well enough to go to Twickers this Sunday now. DS has really generously offered to pick me up at Watford Junction and give me a lift back to Watford Junction from Twickers afterwards. He won't want to stay too late anyway afterwards so I'm quite tempted.. There's so many reasons why I should go - But my health is the over-riding reason why I can't go. I don't want to go and make myself ill again. That said, I was struggling with the flu a couple of years ago and thought "fuck it, let's go" Only to have a brilliant time. I get the feeling that it won't be too different this time..
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment