I'm still ever so slightly delirous at the moment... I went to see Teddy live again last night (brilliant, as ever) and I *finally* got him to perform one of my favourite songs of his "Days In The Park". I've been trying to get him to perform it since January of this year, and to finally get my wish was just amazing. I had been shouting out most of the night but I just couldn't be heard by him. I was on the point of giving up when during the encore, Teddy amazingly looked at the crowd, held out his arms and said "what next?" Of course, everybody shouted out suggestions at the same time and Rich looked at me as we both knew that this was my chance. I waited for the crowd to die down a bit and timed it to perfection in that slight gap of complete silence between everyone shouting requests and Teddy speaking on the mic, at the top of my voice, I yell out "DAYS IN THE PARK!". Teddy looks rather bemused and says "Actually, I'd better do that song because she's asked for it a few times now and if I don't, she'll be all traumatised - or something like that.."
It was as beautiful as I hoped and imagined it would be (even with Teddy forgetting some of the lyrics!). I was moved to tears not only from knowing that he performed it at my request, but also at how brilliant the performance was. I'm glad that others in the audience could share the beauty of that song.
He didn't come out to meet people afterwards, but I'll make sure that next time I meet him (heh!) I'll thank him. I just realised though, I've got nothing to talk to him about now!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment