Thursday, October 12, 2006

Strangeness..

One week from now, I will be in Hong Kong. I will have been there for a couple of days actually and hopefully, I will have overcome my jetlag.

Right now, I still haven't packed properly. The weather reports are worrying me slightly.. Exactly how warm is the mid 20s? I don't want to take a load of T-shirts only to find that I need something long sleeved for the nights. Then I have the problem with footwear. My open toe sandals - fine, but do I take my converse pumps? The problem with them is that they don't support my ankles very well. Do I take my nike dunx lows? Erm, they make my feet smell. Do I take my new suede mules? I love them, but I will have to wear them without socks (as I am now) which means that not only may my feet hurt because of the wooden soles not quite fitting my flat feet, but the cheapness of the mules (£7 from Lidl - bargainous!) means that the soles don't last very long. The fashion whore in me is screaming out to take the converse and mules because they look damn fine - No matter how much they hurt my feet! But the sensible head is telling me to get some odor eaters for the nike and take them.

Then, I've still got to get my haircut.. I've got to get another copy of my birth certificate so that I can try to apply for a HK ID card (yunno, in case I ever want to move there..) And tomorrow is the last day at work, I should be celebrating but in all honesty - I'm too tired for anything like that. I'm getting increasingly excited about the trip, but there's still something at the back of my mind telling me that it won't go ahead. We have a final Dr's appt for Mum tomorrow and I'm just hoping that it goes OK. Let's get the appointment out of the way before I say anything more.

No comments: