Monday, October 15, 2007

Fishy business

I'm still ill.. Well, I'm not 100%. I think that I'm getting better.. Then it becomes painfully evident that I'm not. I'm a bit worried about dehydrating too, so because I had to go into work today (even though officially, today is a holiday for me), I figured I go into Boots to buy some re-hydration tablets - There are so many! I didn't know if I needed "fast acting" or "dual action" diarrhoea medicine. I opted for something that not only gave me something for the diarrhoea, there were also some sachets for replacing lost salts and fluids which tasted quite vile, but admittedly did make me feel a lot better and well, almost human afterwards. I even managed to eat some food earlier tonight - a bit of rice with some steamed chicken with cloud mushrooms, and so far all has been OK. Abdomen is beginning to hurt a bit, but I think (hope) that I'll be OK. *fingers crossed*

So yes, I'm not really eating properly but in true greedy/glutton/foodie fashion - I keep thinking about food. I think it's because I know that I should be eating, but I don't really feel hungry. Tonight was the first time in a couple of days that I've actually felt hungry. At the moment, I keep thinking about fresh fish.. Like a nice bit of steamed sea bass, even some grilled sardines - oh I could just eat some freshly grilled sardines right now! Even some fresh salmon - or even some trout - would be welcome right now.

Bah, I hate being ill - Especially when I still think about food. I think it's because there's nothing I can really pinpoint eating as being the root cause for this bout of illness. I just want to get over it ASAP so that I can cook properly again. I'm already worried that I won't be able to make the carrot, lemongrass and coriander soup that I got the ingredients for on Friday, or perhaps I'll make it tomorrow and just pop it into a container to keep in the fridge? Oooh, sounds like a plan..

No comments: