I've been having some odd dreams recently - For the past couple of weeks, I'd say. They mostly quite bizarre - Like the one I had on Crimbo Eve I think it was. I actually needed a pee in real life and it got through to my dream, thus I began to dream that I needed a pee. Somehow, I could distinguish that the feelings I was experiencing were for real and not part of the dream, so instead of faffing about in my dream going "I need a wee!" I *actually* said to myself in my dream "Well if you need a pee, just get up and go for one then." To which I duly woke up, and went to the bathroom. It was only when I was on the loo that I realised that I had just woken myself up mid-dream.
A couple of nights ago, I dreamt that I literally found a baby that a mother (I may have known her, can't say for certain that I did) had left (in an old fashioned pram) because she had to go back to get something. I should also point out that this mother was en route to taking the baby to her mother's so that the grandmother would raise the child (because she didn't want it?) Anyway, I found this baby and it needed a wash and a nappy (bizarely, there was no nappy on this baby). Oh, this was at some sort of train station of sorts (though not really one that I could recognise). My dream then consisted of me trying to find a decent "parent and child" facility where I could wash the baby and then put on a nappy. I did that and made sure the baby was tucked in properly in the pram (I was worried how the cold weather now would affect it). Then the Grandmother and mother came back to claim the baby and I remember being quite upset at having to hand the baby over - Even though I knew from the beginning when I found the baby that I would have to hand it back. I was saying things to the mother like "You didn't even want the baby! you were taking it to someone else to look after!." Then I woke up feeling quite bizarre. I don't often get broody, but the fact that I dreamt I got broody and felt a bond with a (phantom) baby makes me feel quite odd.
The other night I dreamt I was running across a road and usually, I can not worry about being run over - Cos it's not real and I'm dreaming. But this time, I actually looked at oncoming traffic and I realised that if I had crossed the road at that point - I was going to be run over. So I physically stopped myself from crossing the road - Could that be a near death experience?
Finally, I just had a really strange one - And I must stress that this was a DREAM. It's not real in any way. I dreamt that I was watching some sort of a film because it didn't feel like a dream. But I dreamt that Obama and his family were shot by a sniper whilst en route to his inauguration. It was completely make-believe because they were walking through some dilapidated building and it was on the staircase that it all happened. First it was the wife and daughters (3 of them?) and they were all screaming for Obama, but like in the movies when you shout at the screen going "Don't go!" As soon as he headed down the stairs, there was an exposed window and with that, he was shot. I also remember some voiceover saying "I SAID that he will never be President". I feel all odd because even now in 2009, I feel a sense of anguish over Obama being President of the USA. For all the heralding of a new change and a new dawn over electing a black man (or at least, non-white), until he's *actually* President, I'm not celebrating just yet.
So then, I'm a broody person who needs a wee in the middle of the night and unduly worries about the President-elect of the USA. Problem?
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment