OK, so I've made no secret about been wanting to go back to Hong Kong ever since I got back in November 06, the problem would always be Mum and getting someone to look after her (For my cruise in Feb, I've already got Sandie, Q and YKL to look after her). When I read about a solar eclipse just outside Shanghai in July 2009, I knew this could be a good opportunity for me to go back to HK as I can say to Mum that I'll take her back to HK and use that as a base of operations. I've seen a tour where it's a 5 day tour of Shanghai and the eclipse for £379 - Brilliant! Except the price doesn't include airfare and looking at prices from HK to Shanghai, I'm looking at another £500 or so. So I'm looking at £900 and I'm not even in HK! Let's say another £450 (honestly, how can a flight from HK to Shanghai be nearly as much as a flight to HK from the UK?!) and we're talking near £1500 - And I've not even included accomodation in Hong Kong. Also, I've got my cruise in Feb too. If I hadn't already paid for the cruise and could pull out, I would absolutely drop out and focus on saving up for Hong Kong. As it stands, much as it pains me to say it, | may not be able to afford both eclipse and HK and between the 2, I will have to forgo the eclipse trip.
Anyway, I'll worry about that at a later date. For now, let's celebrate and get excited about the fact that it looks like I'll be going to Hong Kong again. I just spoke to YKL and told her the news that Mum is up for going back in July and it surprised her too. She doesn't really have enough leave but I was saying that if I don't do eclipse, then perhaps she would like to come back to HK with Mum and myself? This time we can do all the other things we didn't get a chance to do last time. It may mean she has to swap around with holiday dates with her friends, but I think she's quite up for it too. I had to keep pausing when on the phone to her because I got all emotional and started crying again. It's quite pathetic really, but the thought of going back to Hong Kong really makes me emotional.
Still, I'm now very excited - Just wait until work hear how I want to take 4 weeks off in July!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm back in HK again next week...
I know it's for work, but I'm quite jealous.. I yearn to go back ASAP!
Bon voyage!
Post a Comment