Tuesday, September 27, 2005

to-may-to, to-mah-to

OK, so Mum likes to get bargains at the market - Who doesn't? I draw the line at her buying 10 Kg of cherry tomatoes for £1. Bargainous as it was, we've been eating cherry tomatoes since Saturday and frankly, I'm getting quite fed up of them. I'm thinking of making cherry tomato chutney, I'm fed up of tomato soup (and various carnations.. tomato and coriander, roast tomato and pepper, tomato and orange..), there's only so much pasta sauce I can make, I'm even getting fed up of cheese and tomato on toast!

Anyone got any decent recipes? Failing that, any ideas of what I can do with so many tomatoes?

2 comments:

Trinity said...

feed the world. Make it a better place... for you and for me and the entire hman race?

YSL said...

Are you suggestig I should do the tomato equivalent of the feeding of the 5000?