Well, it seems the Hell really has frozen over.. I learnt earlier that Mum was actually asked by my eldest sister to join her for dinner tonight. Not only did Mum accept - She actually enjoyed herself too.
On the one hand, it's good that a reconciliation is attempted again - Especially as they're bound to see each other when we're in Hong Kong. But I can't help being cynical about it and wondering how long it will be before everything goes pear shaped again. I'm wondering how much of this was brought on not only by Wendy nagging Mandy about getting reconciled with Mum (Wendy has always been the moral one of us), but also because a lot has been made of how Mum is going back with 4 daughters - And a 5th daughter is flying over from Seattle to meet us there. So for the eldest to be no part of it would be a loss of face for her and would set tongues wagging.
I dunno, Mum's happy at the moment, and I guess that's all I can ask for.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment