Sunday, September 03, 2006

Restaurant Club

"...The first rule of Restaurant Club is that you do not talk about about Restaurant Club. The second rule of Restaurant Club is that you do NOT talk about Restaurant Club..."

OK, I'm getting a bit carried away there.

Inspired by my little outing with Rich and Nat last month, I decided to create a "restaurant club" for a select few of us. The basis of the club is very simple: Every month (in the first week after payday), one member of the club chooses a restaurant for us all to have dinner. We all have similar budgets so going for the tasting menu at a Michelin starred restaurant isn't going to happen. It doesn't necessarily have to be a restaurant that you know to be really good, it could be somewhere you've always wanted to try but couldn't find anyone to go with. It's more so that every month, we get together and have dinner together and not necessarily talk about work whilst hopefully, having a nice meal. It's also a good way to try different restaurants for us all so that if ever we want to eat out, we can give honest opinions about places.

For the first gathering, I wanted to go to Chez Jules (it's my choice naturally since I created the club). They have a special every Tuesday where you get to have 2 courses from the a la carte menu + a bottle of house wine for about £13. The food there is consistently good and that deal is just bargainous. Unfortunately, Sarah D can't make it on Tuesday, so I've opted to go to Casa Italia, a nice Italian place on the Hagley Road which I think, is one of the best Italian restaurants in Birmingham. We go tomorrow night after work. Am *so* excited :)

No comments: