Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Today was one of those days where I saw my family all rallying round for one of us in need. The person in need was Hannah and it was just beautiful to see and know that all the sisters are gathering round to give her as much support as we possibly can given the geographical distance. I'm glad I got finally got to tell them that I loved them and that I'm really proud of them all and to be their sister, it's been bugging me for weeks and I feel better for having done it now too.

So the day starts off pretty shit in that I have to sort out the shit with our GP and Mum's tablets. Then YKL phones me to talk about the email and I am resorted to saying "Don't make me cry!". The tills are all over the place - down £20, down £30.. *sigh*

Then all of a sudden, things start clicking into place...

The Dr's call back and say that it's fine to change things back to how they were - All this without a fight? What's going on there?! Now, the Dr's phoned back literally as I put the phone down after speaking to YKL and my last words to her were: "Gotta go, I'm gonna have to call the Dr's about Mum's medication." So that was a bit odd.

Then, I've been thinking of calling HR up to ask about the job I applied for. I've been thinking that it's getting awfully close to Crimbo for them to start interviewing etc. Lo an behold, I get a phonecall from HR. Basically, the vacancy has been frozen until the New Year where they'll speak to ppl whom are still interested in the position. Phil said to me that he was hoping that I'd still be interested as they wanted to meet me. So that was a positive move for the position. The New Year would be perfect for me.. I should know if Rob is staying or going by then. Thus I will be making a decision to leave or stay. Hopefully, the HR Advisor vacancy will go somewhere. But in the meantime, I'm taking heart from the fact that they liked my application form enough to want to meet me for an interview.

All day, I was playing my music on the iPod VERY loudly. But today was for one song only.. "Tiny Dancer" I was determined to get everyone singing this song or at least get it in their heads by the time I left to go home ;) It's a great song! Great Elton John before he got all shite. 6mins 16secs of pure bliss. Well, it was that and of course, Rufus. If I ever got my own radio show, I would play at least one Rufus song every show - A bit like how Jonathan Ross plays at least one David Bowie song every show.

I'm a bit weepy again now.. Hannah has emailed me back and she was saying how she's been seeing Dad in her dreams recently (prolly because she's ill). But she was saying how he looks really fit and healthy - And happy. I've never thought to note how Dad looks in my dreams - He's just there. And yunno what? I feel completely comfortable that he is too.

No comments: