Right, so the weekend went well. KT Tunstall was simply BRILLIANT live. Kiu and YKL all enjoyed themselves - Even though Rabbi decided that he was too ill to go. That boy is just the world's sickest person. I'll always remember how one time, we pretended to have the flu to see what his reaction was. The following day, he came to work all weak and useless saying "I think I've got the same flu that you've got." He didn't take too kindly to us breaking the news to him that we didn't actually have the flu..
Now, I need to point out that we're all feeling a bit emotional anyway as we were going to the cemetery. I felt a bit bad because for the first time since he died, we didn't go for what would have been his Birthday. So it's been about 5 months since we last went.
On Sat night, well, more Sunday morning. The strangest thing happened. YKL was in the spare bed in my room and she had earplugs in because of my snoring (!). I was asleep on the left side of the bed. Now, as you enter my room, the wall on your immediate left is where the radiator is, there is a small walkway about the width of the door and my bed is along the right side of the walkway. So the left side of the bed I was sleeping on was the far side of the bed to the walkway. Well, I fell out of bed on Sunday morning. I haven't fallen out of bed since I was 4 (am not counting when I was drunk). But here's the odd part...
I fell out of the right side of bed and landed lying flat on my back on the narrow walkway between the radiator and my bed. Whilst I was mid-air, I remember thinking "Don't hit the radiator or else you'll make a load of noise and wake everyone up." I didn't touch the radiator at all. Whilst I was on the floor staring at the ceiling, I thought to myself "Hmm, am I hurt anywhere?" since I just fell about 3ft. At least part of me should be hurting ot aching at least - Not a single part of my body is marked or was even sore, I remember that it was the softest ever fall I've had. When I eventually got up, I looked at my pillows. The top pillow on the left side of my bed was now on the right side of the bed, the pillow that was on the right side of my bed was now on the floor. It was as if the pillows were just shunted along.
An hour or so later, Mum wakes me up telling me that she's feeling a bit faint - Which means that she's having a hypo. Now, she hasn't had a hypo in the middle of the night for nearly 2 years. But this was a BAD hypo. She was rapidly slipping into diabetic coma mode. I've never seen such a severe hypo from her. Usually, it's all over in about 20-30mins. I was up for just over an hour this time.
Now, I have to point out that I'm not too sure what to think. I felt compelled to tell Yin Mei when she phoned yesterday and it was as if what happened was a confirmation that I am especially receptive to the spiritual side of things. I do think that I was pushed out of bed though. There is NO way that I just rolled over to the right side of the bed. I actually woke up just before it happened which is why I know that I was sleeping on my right hand side on the left side of the bed when it happened. It's also why I could remember thinking whilst airborne that I musn't make too much noise.
Obviously, I'm quite freaked by it all. I've been told various things and interpretations of it all by various people. But I think ppl like to think that it was Dad warning me that Mum was going to have a really bad hypo. If he didn't wake me up like he did, then I wouldn't have been as alert treating Mum.
Personally, I don't know what to think..
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment